9.29.2010

Sorry my blog is so lame.

So I am not sure that I am cut out to be a blogger. This is seriously confusing business... although I intended this page to be more of a continuous updating of our lives, I find it more fun to post fashion. :) To be perfectly honest, it's mostly because I have been terrible at taking any photos lately and so I don't have any recent ones to put up...photos of dresses that I love and want are much better than no photos at all, right?

I'll give you all a little insight of what's been happening here and I PROMISE there will be pictures coming soon. You can hold me to that.

-Biggest news of all, we moved to Salt Lake City a month or so ago. We live in an awesome condo about a block from Temple Square downtown. Once the tree outside of our windows loses it's leaves we will have ourselves a nice little view of the temple where we were once wed. Aww. I'm waiting for our curtain rods to get here so I can put those up and take pictures...

-David started school at the University of Utah. This was not an easy transition for him being a Cougar fan his whole life. He is slowly warming up to the color red and we're working on getting him some t-shirts that don't have "BYU" written across them. He is so far really enjoying his classes. He's in one right now called Mechatronics where he gets to build robots. He is such a nerd, but I'm thankful one of us can potentially pass along some brains to our kids.

-As for my school, I am getting further along into my design program. My classes are tough and at times frustrating but I love it. Right now I'm taking Advanced Sewing, Patterns II, Sourcing and Productions (this is all about learning how to make your own clothing brand- so cool!), Intro to Fashion (I'm a slacker and didn't take this my first year) and History of Fashion. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to go to school and learn what I love. It was sooo worth leaving BYU.

-I'm going to submit a design for the Shabby Apple "Dare to Design Contest."I don't know what I'm going to do yet, but I have been thinking about it nonstop. Any ideas of what you'd like to see in a dress?

-David and I are going to St. George this weekend for Conference and the weekend after that we are going to California to visit my family. Every year I go out to see the "Fiesta de Octobre" as my dad calls it. He owns a corn maze and pumpkin patch and each year I make a deal with him to fly me out to see it.

I guess this is all that I can think of... Now for the fun part :)

Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week just ended and all I can say it that I am excited for 2011!

Monique Lhuiller


... is a genius.






Love. Love. Love. Especially that last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment