10.15.2010

Dress design for Shabby Apple dresses

My design submission for Shabby Apple Dresses... hope you all like love!





This dress was designed with spring 2011 in mind. I wanted to create a fun, feminine and flirty little number for next year. It is intended to be made with a light, colorful, cotton floral. The flowers are actually drawn closer to the actual size of the flowers that I had envisioned on the fabric and not to scale. Had they been drawn they way I wanted it would just look like little specks :). The neckline is rounded with a leather (suede) drawstring and tied into a bow. The ends of the string are fringed tassels. It has cap sleeves that cover the shoulders.  The bust is ruched and the waist hangs away from the body and comes together with a belt that matches the string on the neckline. The skirt hugs the hips and falls into a gathered panel right above the knee. The hem is ruffled. I think it would look great with boots! As strange as it sounds, my inspiration came from the depressing realization that I had that winter is rapidly approaching. As a California girl, I am always so excited in March when I get to pull out my spring and summer clothes. I designed this dress asking myself "What's the first warm weather outfit I am going to want to put on this year?" and this is what I came up with.

1 comment: